- 8 ounces ziti, penne, or macaroni
- 1 cup low fat Ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 jar spaghetti or tomato sauce (13 ounces)
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook pasta as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
Place Ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, 1/2 cup Mozzarella, egg, garlic powder, parsley flakes, celery salt and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
Spread half of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 2-quart oven proof casserole. Add cooked pasta, cover with the Ricotta mixture, then the rest of the tomato sauce. Add remaining Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese on the top. Put casserole on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until browned and bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cooked hamburger or sausage could be added to this recipe to make a main course dish.